Hi there, I’m Fiona but I’m rarely called that….Call me Fi
Welcome and thanks for visiting my blog
I am a complex person but all you really need to know about me is:
- I love God more than anything else, I adore my family and most of the time, I really love my life.
- I was diagnosed with severe depression following surgery to remove a brain tumour almost 9 years ago but most of the time I keep myself well.
- I am a big coffee drinker and my feelings for it can be summed up in my all-time favourite saying by Dave Barry:
“It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind those who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity”
Yup. It’s most definitely more of a need than a want for me! And I don’t do that milky sweet stuff masquerading as coffee….no, it has to be black and really strong. The stronger the better
- And finally, I am naturally a glass-half-empty/wear-my-heart-on-my-sleeve kinda girl but believe that with God’s help and my desire to change, that I can become an optimist and choose to see good in everyone and everything around me.
But enough about me, let me introduce you to the cast of characters that regularly appear in this blog.
Firstly, my husband of 15 years :
- Paul and I couldn’t be more different if we tried.
- We disagree on almost everything but we always try to at least agree to disagree.
- He is a bit……ok, a LOT of a petrol head and is really into Motorsports and anything fast and furious.
- He loves Star Wars, cooking and annoying the heck outta me!
- We DO share a similar sense of humour and laugh at the same TV shows and movies (so it’s not all bad)!
- Together we have 3 gorgeous children:
This is *Ella.
Ella is 13 and is your typical teenager.
- One Direction blares from her bedroom most days and she can out-giggle anyone when she’s with her friends.
- She’s very arty and loves drawing and painting and LOVES the colour purple. She actually painted her own bedroom this year!
- Ella is kind, thoughtful, caring and extremely passionate about family.
- She is in year 8 in her second year of highschool and is thriving.
- Ella does remarkably well in public speaking and literacy but every school report that she receives states that she talks too much in class (like her Mama!)
- She is an amazing big sister and a treasure to have as a daughter. She is incredibly selfless and goes out of her way to assist me with her brothers.
This is *Harley.
- He loves running, climbing,playing the Wii, Ninjago and Skylanders but his Teddy bear has been his closest friend since he was 2.
- Harley is sensitive, passionate and extremely kind.
- Harley was diagnosed with High Functioning Autism when he was 4 years old. I first noticed that something was different about Harley when he was a little baby but it was clear by the time he was 18 months old that it needed to be explored further.
- He has also been diagnosed with OCD but is doing well these days controlling it with medication.
- He is in year 4 at school and is making wonderful progress and could tell you everything that you’ll ever need to know about Sonic the Hedgehog!
And this is *Lucas.
- He runs, skips, jumps and spins constantly and is rarely ever still-even in his sleep!
- He loves being outdoors and copying his siblings although he is often the instigator of mischief.
- Lucas was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome when he was 4 years old after I noticed indicators that he was just a little different.
- He is in year 1 at school this year and is thriving and is a high achiever in reading and mathematics. This child is so chatty that he could literally talk under wet cement!
- Lucas also loves Ninjago and is also crazy about Lego and Trash packs.
Our family is amazing, funny, and full of many laughs, tears, craziness and fun.
So, come on in, pull up a chair, grab a cuppa and welcome to our world.
N.B: All of my children’s names have been changed to protect their identities so if you know their real names please refrain from using them in any comments you publish to help me to maintain their privacy . Also, please don’t mention our exact location in Australia either so I can continue to protect my little cherubs! Thank you
The wiring image used in the background of this site was sourced from: http://www.freeimages.co.uk